BLOG_2018_12_20_Are you living your own life
ARE YOU LIVING YOUR OWN LIFE?
20 DECEMBER 2018
Fulfillment in life is related to how well you are living in alignment with what’s truly important to you: i.e. your values and your passions. Do your decisions emerge from the essence of who you are—not from who you think you should be or whom someone else thinks you should be? Do you live a life revolved around what you are passionate about – not just what you are good at, but what you really love to do? Fulfillment can be even more abundant when you take what’s truly important to you and what you’re really passionate about and share it with the world!
So if you are in a corporate job and are thinking about making a change or if you’ve moved abroad and are now trying to find something to do over the next few years, make the change with passion and fulfillment in mind.
Take this quiz to see how well you are living a life that is of your own making so you can find fulfillment no matter where you are in life. Answer each question with a True or False response.
1. I have spent time thinking about what’s important to me, and I can articulate those things.
2. While I have been influenced by my parents, teachers, society and other outside forces, I have not simply adopted their values and beliefs. My own values and beliefs come from deep inside.
3. I am not easily swayed by others’ opinions. I know my own mind.
4. In order to remain open and flexible, I am willing to re-examine my opinions and beliefs to determine whether something is still true for me. I am interested in other points of view.
5. My spouse/partner is a good match for me. We share in a way that pleases me and have an ideal amount of separate space. We don’t have to agree on everything for us to be considered a good match. We respect the other’s right to be and think differently.
6. I chose my occupation, or choose to remain in it, because it most closely utilizes my skills, strengths and passions.
7. I also choose my friends. I don’t go along with a friendship that doesn’t feel right just because that person pursued me or they’re my spouse’s friend.
8. Any spirituality I practice feeds my soul.
9. I have aspirations. I spend time thinking about them and taking action toward those most important to me.
10. Anyone looking at my life from the outside would see what I value.
11. When I or a family member are sick, I listen to the appropriate health care provider. If the advice doesn’t feel right, I get a second opinion.
12. On the rare occasion when I let someone break a boundary or persuade me to do something I don’t want to do, as soon as I’m aware of it, I take steps to stop and correct the situation.
If you answered true to 9 or more you are in great shape and highly likely living a fulfilled life true to your values and passions! Congratulations! You may just need just a bit of tweaking to get it all the way. This doesn't mean your life is perfect, put means you are in control of how you respond to things that happen in your life.
If you answered true to between 5 and 8 questions, you are on your way to recognizing your passion and how to live a life true to you. You may need to make more conscience decisions in those areas where you responded false to see how you can turn it to a true response. What do you need to do to live a more inspired and fulfilled life?
If you answered false more often than true, you may wish to clarify what is truly important to you and then find ways to bring your life into greater alignment with those values. You will need to make a conscience effort to do this, especially in the beginning as you may find resistance to new ideas and ways of life. It can be hard, but you will likely transform your life by implementing needed changes by becoming more fulfilled and happy!
If you would like to discuss your results, please click here to sign up for a free consultation with me. We'll look at how you can become more fulfilled and aligned to your values.